Questions: What is the Correct Method to Check Oil Level for the Honda GXV140 and GXV160 Engine?
Answer: Check According to the Honda Developed Procedure.
Running the engine with insufficient oil can cause serious engine damage.
Call us at 800.533.0524, or
Steps below to check oil level.
- Do not check oil level with the engine running!
- Place the Hole Digger on a level surface.
- Wipe any dust or dirt from the crankcase dipstick/filler plug area.
- Remove the oil filler cap/dipstick and wipe clean.
- Insert the oil filler cap/dipstick into the oil filler neck as shown, but do not screw it in. Remove it to check the oil level. FIGURE 1.
- If the oil level is near or below the lower limit mark on the dipstick, fill with the
recommended oil to the upper limit mark, DO NOT OVERFILL. FIGURE 2
- Screw in the filler cap/dipstick securely. Wipe off any excess spilled oil. Properly dispose of any spilled oil.
Failure to follow correct procedures can give an inaccurate oil level reading.
The correct oil capacity for the Honda GXV160 engine is .65 Liter or 23 US fluid ounces. Refer to the Owner’s Manual supplied by Honda for additional information including type and weight. Service related problems as a result of improperly filling the engine with oil are NOT covered by the Honda warranty program.
To download the Honda Owner’s Manual, (for the GXV160 engine), type or copy and paste the
URL: http://engines.honda.com/pdf/manuals/31ZE6030.pdf into a browser.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
Telephone: 800.533.0524 | Email: email@example.com